Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Chapelle Notre Dame de Guadeloupe

Monument - Saint-Claude

Also called the Vow Chapel, it is located in the district of Matouba, on the road leading to the Red River (Rivière rouge). In October 1956, a sudden awakening of the volcano “La Soufrière“ caused anxiety throughout the country. A vow was then made to erect a chapel on the menacing slopes of the volcano. The offerings poured in and the first stone was laid on May 23, 1959. Three years later, the building received the blessing of Monsignor Gay. The chapel Notre Dame de Guadeloupe has a choir that accompanies by its songs the faithful of the parish.

Chapel Notre Dame de Guadeloupe, contemporary architecture of the 50s
Chapel Notre Dame de Guadeloupe, contemporary architecture of the 50s
Chapel Notre Dame de Guadeloupe - Saint-Claude. Facade and bell tower
Chapel Notre Dame de Guadeloupe - Saint-Claude. Facade and bell tower
Chapel Notre Dame of Guadeloupe. Outside, the crucifix
Chapel Notre Dame of Guadeloupe. Outside, the crucifix
Simple, modern and uncluttered interior design
Simple, modern and uncluttered interior design
chemin bleu
La Manade
Nails Art
La Manade

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet