Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Blondeau Plantation

Architecture - Vieux-Fort

The largest estate of Vieux-Fort covered more than 130 hectares. It belonged to Adrien Blondeau in 1671. Later, the royalist Jean Bruno Mercier lived there. Forced to flee upon the arrival of Victor Hugues in 1794, he returned during the restoration, when he became police chief and commander-mayor. He died in 1842. The arcaded building, still standing, once housed a sugar factory. Constructed in 1822 the building features intricate vaulted ceilings and window frames decorated with sculpted faces reminiscent of Amerindian drawings. A sculpted stone plate is engraved with the date 1822 and the name of the sculptor, Olivier Abraham.

chemin bleu
Pointe à l'Aunay
Couture B

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet