Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Petit Carbet Plantation-Refinery

Architecture - Trois-Rivières

Established in the 17th century (1665), this plantation is among the few that have left visible remains. During the Reign of Terror (1793), its occupants were all assassinated, and it was many years before the estate was occupied again. Erected on a stone terrace, the main house features a masonry ground floor with a gallery wrapped around three sides. The water wheel next to the canal was used to power the sugar mills. The cast-iron sugar mill, which succeeded a wooden mill, was precious to the owner at the time, the widow Madame Moyencourt, and is one of the very first in Guadeloupe. This model featured smooth horizontal rollers made in Glasgow (1838).

chemin bleu
Diamant Créole

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet