Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Former Leper Colony

Monument - La Désirade

Created in 1728, this leper colony did not finally close its doors until 1956. The first patients were transferred here and given provisions to last six months, and were only visited by the Sisters of Charity. It was not until around 1800 that a hospice was built and a physician dispatched to the site. The only remaining vestiges of the colony are the ruins of the chapel, in the Baie-Mahault district.

chemin bleu
rose ita
Le coin du bonheur
Oualiri
Les Flots bleus
archipel

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet