Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Our Lady of Calvary Chapel

Monument - La Désirade

Built in 1905, this chapel is the final station on the Way of the Cross, which begins 200 meters below in Beauséjour and makes its way up the steep slope to the chapel. The setting offers magnificent views. It also marks the end of the trail that crosses the mountain plateau, beginning in the Baie-Mahault district. A nearby viewpoint indicator names the surrounding islands. This chapel is also known as Maston Chapel, after Monseigneur Maston, Bishop of Saint-Claude, who was born on La Désirade and donated his own money to rebuild the church following the devastating hurricane of 1899.

At the edge of the Chemin latanier, the Chapel Notre-Dame du Calvaire
At the edge of the Chemin latanier, the Chapel Notre-Dame du Calvaire
Chapelle Notre-Dame du calvaire, last station of the Way of the Cross
Chapelle Notre-Dame du calvaire, last station of the Way of the Cross
Guadeloupe, island of La Désirade - Chapel Notre-Dame du Calvaire. Place of devotions
Guadeloupe, island of La Désirade - Chapel Notre-Dame du Calvaire. Place of devotions
From the orientation table, view of Grande Terre and Petite-Terre island
From the orientation table, view of Grande Terre and Petite-Terre island
chemin bleu
rose ita
Le coin du bonheur
Oualiri
Les Flots bleus
archipel

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet