Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Dolé Public Pool

Other bodies of water - Gourbeyre

Prior to the French Revolution, the Dolé hot springs belonged to the Carmelite sugar plantation, and were used drive its mills. In 1789, the colonial government took possession of plantation lands, buildings, and springs. Built in the 19th century by the colonial government, the Public Pool was commercially operated as a hot spring spa, with huts rented to bathers. In 1872, the pools were made free and open to the public by decision of the Conseil général (“General Council”). An order issued in February 1877 designated uses for the various pools (Capès pool, the dam (or public) pool, and the “new” pool). Located next to Highway D7 between Gourbeyre and Trois-Rivières, this lovely stone pool bears witness to Dolé’s tourism past. Dolé “Bassin Public” is frequented day and night by those who enjoy bathing in hot springs in an enchanting natural setting. Small hot-water cascades tumble into culverts alongside the departmental highway on their way to the Rivière de Grande Anse.

chemin bleu
petit carrossier
chez dénis - GOURBEYRE
gites houelmont

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet