Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Small Fort

Monument - Le Moule

To defend the port, which was essential to the local economy at the time, an initial battery and powder magazine was built in 1760 (Boulevard Cicéron). In 1809, it proved its worth during the Battle of Le Moule. Because its position in the heart of town was deemed too central, and therefore dangerous, another battery, the Fortin, was installed in 1840 further away, adjacent to the Petite Anse quarter. Vestiges of the small fort and cannons used to ward off attackers may be seen here.

chemin bleu
albioma
phoneglass
les eaux marines
kcb

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet