Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral
Beauport new
Paradoxe

Fontaine Adolphine

Monument - Saint-Claude

This fountain was installed in the town’s central marketplace in the early 20th century by then-mayor Louis Justinien Adolphe de Lagarde (mayor from 1901 to 1914). Its purpose was to provide the local population with drinking water. A cast iron shell is mounted above the pool where a classical Venus stands, pouring water from an urn. The allegory may be interpreted as a nursing mother showering her children with water, the protective motherland, or simply as an ode to water, source of life and prosperity in the commune. Dismantled during the renovation of the marketplace, the fountain was saved by descendants of the former mayor, the Casalan family.

 La Fontaine Adolphine - Saint-Claude: located next to the old town hall
La Fontaine Adolphine - Saint-Claude: located next to the old town hall
 Saint-Claude, the Adolphine Fountain: water, source of life
Saint-Claude, the Adolphine Fountain: water, source of life
 Initially built to provide the Saint-Claudian population with drinking water
Initially built to provide the Saint-Claudian population with drinking water
 The Adolphine Fountain.
The Adolphine Fountain. "Cherubim" carefully carved
chemin bleu
La Manade
Nails Art
La Manade

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet