Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Bourse des Vols
Beauport new
Paradoxe
Autolagon

Gerville-Réache Secondary School

Architecture - Basse-Terre

In 1651, Governor Charles Houël entrusted the administration of the parish to the Carmelites. Until the Revolution, their convent was housed here, in the now Lycée Gerville-Réache, a secondary school. In 1819, a military hospital was built on the site. The “horseshoe” arrangement of the buildings and the use of masonry and cast iron are characteristic of the buildings of the time. Converted to a secondary school in 1950, Gerville Réache, a general and technological secondary school with 1,448 students, bears the name of Guadeloupe politician Gaston Gerville-Réache (1854-1908), a member of parliament who represented Guadeloupe from 1881 to 1906.

 Main entrance of Gerville-Réache High School, Amédée Fengarol street
Main entrance of Gerville-Réache High School, Amédée Fengarol street
 High School Gerville-Reaache - Basse-Terre. The courtyard
High School Gerville-Reaache - Basse-Terre. The courtyard
 Bust of the former deputy who gave his name to the Lycée
Bust of the former deputy who gave his name to the Lycée
 Lycée Gerville-Réache: the old fountain, in front of the facade
Lycée Gerville-Réache: the old fountain, in front of the facade
chemin bleu
bologne

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet