Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Church of Sainte-Anne

Monument - Goyave

Constructed in 1861, the present church follows three previous attempts. The first, made of wood, was leveled by a hurricane in 1738; the second, a stone building, was destroyed by fire in 1802 during a slave revolt; and the third was demolished by the earthquake of 1851. The current building has been expanded several times, and repaired since; only the pilastered façade has been preserved in its original form. Long isolated, as the population expanded, the church gradually became a central and essential part of the town.

chemin bleu
Les 3G

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet