Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Church of Notre Dame du Bon Port

Monument - Petit-Bourg

The original structure having been previously destroyed by the earthquake of 1843 and the hurricane of 1928, the present church building dates from 1932, when the French government undertook to rebuild public edifices in anticipation of the 1935 Tercentenary of Guadeloupe’s annexation by French. The façade is characteristic of the work of Ali Tur, then architect for the colonies. The building is distinctly Moorish, a style that was in vogue in Europe at the time. Notice the concave portico in the center of the arch, and the decorative modillions, the architectural element supporting the cornices. A square bell tower stands independent of the church, adjacent to the chancel.

chemin bleu
Toque & Délices
pas comme les autres
pas comme les autres 2
Karamel

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet