Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Bourse des Vols
Beauport new
Paradoxe
Autolagon

Our Lady of the Assumption Church

Monument - Terre-de-Haut

Built in the 19th century, this church is included on the supplemental list of historic monuments. The lovely wooden bell tower, restored following the 2004 earthquake, contains four bells. The first, dated 1820, was made at the Villain foundry, in Le Havre. The second, a gift of Monsieur Lasserre, was made in 1884 at the Astier foundry in Nantes. The third bell was commissioned by Charles Foy, the first mayor of Terre-de-Haut (1882-1884 and 1892-1902). The fourth and final bell was donated by the municipality in 2006 following the reconstruction of the bell tower.

N.D. Church of the Assumption, Terre-de-Haut. Rustic ... and elegant
N.D. Church of the Assumption, Terre-de-Haut. Rustic ... and elegant
Église N.D. de l'Assomption, Terre-de-Haut, French West Indies. Facade and tympanum
Église N.D. de l'Assomption, Terre-de-Haut, French West Indies. Facade and tympanum
N.D. Church of the Assumption, Terre-de-Haut. Wooden bell tower
N.D. Church of the Assumption, Terre-de-Haut. Wooden bell tower
Église N.D. de l'Assomption, Terre-de-Haut, Guadeloupe. Nave and choir beautifully paneled
Église N.D. de l'Assomption, Terre-de-Haut, Guadeloupe. Nave and choir beautifully paneled
Les Heures Saines
Stand Up Paddle
Randonnée quad

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet


    Warning: Unknown: write failed: Disk quota exceeded (122) in Unknown on line 0

    Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/guadeloupe_tourisme/tmp) in Unknown on line 0