Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Bourse des Vols
Beauport new
Paradoxe
Autolagon

Getz Plantation

Architecture - Vieux-Habitants

Appearing on a 1768 “King’s Engineers” map as “Wailet” or “Wallet,” this plantation retains its original wooden main house covered by a hipped roof with ground floor and three upstairs bedrooms. Period furniture, silver service ware, Chinese porcelain, and gold jewelry bear witness to the guesthouse’s earlier way of life. We can also observe the ruins of a kitchen with its vegetable patch as well as a stone cassava plate. On the heights, a hut (restored around 1990) housed two manual coffee grinders. 16 huts were used to house around 40 slaves. It was in 1780 that the house took the name of the then owner "Getz" following its acquisition by Romain Getz.The plantation was equipped with a kitchen, storehouses, drying house, mill hut, slave huts, watermill, cassava mill, coffee mill, and a mule. Its primary crops were coffee, cassava, and cotton. In Marigot, by the sea, a store was used to store goods before the sale. During the Revolution, and the departure of the owners, the estate collapsed and ended up being sold in court in 1847. Getz Plantation is now a Bed and Breakfast with a view of the mountains and sea.

Getz Housing - Vieux-Habitants
Getz Housing - Vieux-Habitants
Built of wood covered by a hipped roof, with a ground floor and three bedrooms upstairs
Built of wood covered by a hipped roof, with a ground floor and three bedrooms upstairs
The Getz House is today Bed and Breakfast with sea and mountain views.
The Getz House is today Bed and Breakfast with sea and mountain views.
chemin bleu

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet