Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Sucrerie de Nogent

Architecture - Sainte-Rose

It was at Pointe Allègre, in Sainte-Rose, that the first French arrived in June 1635. The first sugar houses were then built, giving its true vocation to this part of the territory, land of sugar cane. The territory of Sainte-Rose counted up to seven plantations. Sugar refinery of Nogent is one of the vestiges of this prosperous period of the Guadeloupe sugar industry. On this estate, as early as 1669, the first settlers were already producing sugar. It was acquired in 2001 by Chantal Clodine-Florent, a lover of old stones and the history of the famous characters, who passionately devoted all her time to rehabilitate it, with the support of the Region Guadeloupe, the Drac and the European Union, thus resurrecting the past of this place steeped in history. The site has preserved part of the seventeenth century dwellings, the aqueduct, as well as the original spatial organization and especially a particular atmosphere that characterized the colonial dwellings. The Sugar Mill of Nogent is today a place of culture, meeting and exchange around art and Caribbean heritage. Museum space, table d'hôtes, cottages "L'auberge de Nogent". Such. : 0590 21 55 01- snc-pointe-allegre@wanadoo.fr.

The site has preserved part of the seventeenth century dwellings
The site has preserved part of the seventeenth century dwellings
Sucrerie de Nogent: an original spatial organization
Sucrerie de Nogent: an original spatial organization
Sucrerie de Nogent: reception and exhibition room
Sucrerie de Nogent: reception and exhibition room
The old aqueduct
The old aqueduct
chemin bleu
la releve
dbp

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet