Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Former Law Courts

Architecture - Port-Louis

The Law Courts building was constructed in 1931 and is one of the few secular buildings created by Ali Tur that possesses ground-level archways. It occupies the site of the former Town Hall. Historically speaking, the building reflects the town’s judicial status at that time since Port-Louis was, up until 1949, the district capital. All that remains of the courtroom are the original floor tiles on the second floor. The building was clearly designed for the local climate (wind, sun, and rain), from its orientation to its tall, narrow and shuttered windows. After housing the municipal police offices for a time, the building now lies unused.

chemin bleu
madelia
kaladja
corrida du sud
le poisson d'or

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet