Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Saint-Louis Church

Monument - Le Gosier

Saint-Louis parish was founded in 1658. It owes its name to King Louis IX, who was canonized in 1297. When the British attacked in 1794, Le Gosier was their chosen landing point. The settlement was largely destroyed, the church (and other buildings) dismantled to provide materials for shoring up the ramparts of Fort Fleur d’Epée. The religious edifice was destroyed again by the earthquake of 1843 that affected all of Grande Terre, particularly Pointe-à-Pitre. The current concrete structure is of recent construction. It features three naves of identical dimensions. Its bell tower, colorfully decorated by Guadeloupian graffiti artist Philippe Laurent, is in the design of a trellis post and can be seen from afar, attracting visitors.

chemin bleu
La route du rhum
Hôtel Le Petit Havre
self du pelican

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet