Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Former Rex movie theater - Port-Louis

Architecture - Port Louis

Built of stone, brick, and masonry, and inaugurated in 1947, this 250-seat movie theater was the brainchild of a Port-Louis dentist called François Mimi. The Rex was for a long time the only movie theater in northern Grande Terre. However, from 1964 onwards, it fought a losing battle against television and the pull of rival theaters in La Pointe. But its façade still remains, both as a reminder for the nostalgic and a beguiling mystery for visiting vacationers.

chemin bleu
madelia
kaladja
corrida du sud
le poisson d'or

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet