Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Saint-Joseph de Cluny Day School

Architecture - Pointe-à-Pitre

The school was originally opened by nuns on Morne à Caille in 1840 for the purpose of educating young girls. By 1860 the school had outgrown the site, so on the church’s initiative, it was moved to the current location. The congregation of Saint-Joseph de Cluny, having arrived in Guadeloupe in 1882, subsequently settled here. The school consists of a pair of two-story buildings linked by a courtyard, in the shape of an “H”, and the architecture shows a tasteful combination of Colonial and Second Empire styles. The second floor is of wood construction, surmounted by usable attic spaces.

chemin bleu
route du rhum
Le Petit Jardin

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet