Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François

Saint Anne Church

Monument - Capesterre de Marie-Galante

Rebuilt in 1934 as a reinforced concrete structure under the supervision of architect Ali Tur, who was dispatched to the colonies by the French government in the wake of the hurricane of 1928, this building was given its first bell tower at that time. The church has no transept, only a central nave flanked by side aisles. The architect retained the style of the original façade. The church’s most notable elements are the bell tower and spiral staircase. Other features include a flat roof, barrel vault, and exposed framing in reinforced concrete. The non-loadbearing portions of the open-frame girders are adorned with geometrical motifs.

chemin bleu
Dantana Café

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet