Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François

La Rose Plantation

Architecture - Goyave

Established in the 18th century, this sugar plantation/distillery became the Bolivar Distillery in the late 19th century. The site features an old, very well preserved aqueduct of volcanic rock. Water from the La Rose River carried by this structure drove the water wheel of a cane-crushing mill. Beginning in 1926, steam was added to the hydraulic energy mix, which functioned until 1962, when the La Rose planation/distillery was closed. The site is currently being renovated.

chemin bleu
Les 3G

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet