Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François

Former health care center and maternity hospital

Architecture - Port-Louis

Built in reinforced concrete by Ali Tur, the architect appointed by the government following the hurricane of 1928, this former health care center and maternity hospital is tangible proof of the efforts made to improve public health at that time.  The center was used for doctor’s visits, vaccination campaigns and maternity care. The facilities were later used by various non-profit organizations and later renamed the Henri Corenthin Community Center. Various social services now occupy the buildings, notably the Community Center for Social Action and the local social security offices. From 1929 to 1937, Ali Tur constructed 120 buildings throughout the Guadeloupe archipelago. Today, only around 80 of these buildings remain, some in good condition and some awaiting restoration.

chemin bleu
madelia
kaladja
corrida du sud
le poisson d'or

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet