Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

Néron Plantation

Architecture - Le Moule

This plantation was originally the site of a sugar factory built in 1740 by Pierre Néron Beauclair on 160 hectares of land. Then known as “Hussey,“ it was requisitioned during the French Revolution, and continued as a working plantation, employing over 140 farm workers. Although the violent earthquake of 1843 destroyed much of it, the sugar plant managed to continue; in 1852, it was still employing over 80 day workers. The sugar recession of the late 19th and early 20th centuries led to the decline of the operation, which was converted to a distillery producing Néron Rum. Visitors will find the 19th-century stone windmill and remnants of machinery from the distillery, which remained in operation until 1965.

chemin bleu
albioma
phoneglass
les eaux marines
matrix2

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet