Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral

City Pavilion

Architecture - Pointe-à-Pitre

Built in 1806, the original presbytery of Saint-Pierre and Saint-Paul church was destroyed during the earthquake of 1843. In 1845 a new, wooden building was constructed in the traditional style, with a slate roof (until the hurricane of 1928). Surrounded by low walls mounted with railings, it has two entrances, with the main one opening onto the Place de la Victoire, and a curved staircase made of volcanic rock. The elegant split-level gallery dates from the 1940s, and is supported by cast-iron columns on three sides of the building. The west face has a wooden loggia topped with a triangular pediment. As the City Pavilion, the building houses the Heritage Planning Department, the Tourist Office, and the Center for the Interpretation of Architecture and Heritage. It also hosts exhibitions and themed conferences, and organizes guided tours of the city.

chemin bleu
route du rhum
Le Petit Jardin

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet