Beauport - Le pays de la Canne
Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François

Town Hall

Architecture - Sainte-Rose

Mayor Joseph Reimonenq commissioned the construction of this building in 1929. An upper story was added later by the municipality, spearheaded by Virgile Chathuant (mayor 1945 - 1959). The Mother Fountain, so called because of the feminine figure in the middle of the fountain pool, surrounded by cherubs, was cast in 1874 at the Val d’Oise Foundry in mainland France, and was installed in 1876 by the mayor at that time. It symbolizes the unity of the commune in all its diversity. The main structure represents the town, and the cherubs represent the four main population centers. Two water jets refresh and remind visitors that this is a place of life and unity.

chemin bleu
la releve
dbp

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet