Aquarium de la Guadeloupe
Jardin botanique de Deshaies
Rhum Karukéra
Green Blue Houses
Casino Saint François
village du littoral
Beauport new

Big Stone Mill

Mill - Saint-Louis

This site was initially used for growing cotton and farm crops (1796). Later, this mill was constructed for crushing sugar cane. This was the last working mill on the island, ceasing operations in 1941. It has been greatly damaged by various hurricanes. The tail beam for swiveling the cap is still in place. It was used to face the sails into the wind. The internal mechanism is more or less completely intact, consisting of a crushing machine with horizontal rollers, and supports the central wooden shaft.

chemin bleu
La Baleine Rouge
Baleine rouge 2
pizza del sol

    Version française - - © 2012 Chemin Bleu - All rights reserved - Terms of Use - Réalisation Vincent Mallet